F. F. Seccombe started the “Bexhill & Sidley Engineering Company” in about 1950, as motor engineers and spares stockist, at the Pelham Garage, Holliers Hill. This was possibly Pelham Mews adjacent to the hotel.
By 1953, they had relocated to the former Sidley main railway station building, on the opposite side of the road to the Pelham Hotel. This building had been constructed for the opening of the Bexhill West to Crowhurst branch line in 1902 and formerly housed the booking office, station masters office, waiting rooms and toilets. It had closed during the economies of the Second World War with ticket offices being formed on the platforms. The building underwent some changes and petrol pumps and tanks were installed in the spacious forecourt.
In the late 1950s/early 60s the garage became an agent for Austin. From c1965, the name changed to “Sidley Service Station” and, from 1973, it became “Sidley Motors”. In 1970, the old station building was demolished and the present forecourt buildings erected.