The first reference to a garage, just over the border into Hastings & St Leonards, at Glyne Gap is in 1934 when A. Tranton had a garage there.

Thereafter there is no mention of him or a garage on the site until c1953 when Messrs Ulyatt & Evans are noted in directories as proprietors of Glyne Gap Service Station. By 1960, W. N. Evans is the sole owner and agent for Fiat cars. Between 1970 and 1972 the agency changed to Saab cars.

 

Glyne Gap
Glyne Gap advert late 1960s

In this section:

Scroll to Top