This building stood on the promenade opposite the Sackville Hotel – it was built at the same time as the Bicycle Boulevard, which extended along the promenade towards the foot of Galley Hill. The chalet provided both bicycle hire and tuition.
In 1902, it housed the time-keeping equipment for the motor races but, by 1904, it was known as the “Cycle Chalet and Motor Depot”, and was run by Gustavus Green (presumably in association with his motor works in Victoria Road).
In 1913 and 1914, it was operated by H. Pulham & Co., was based at 27, Sackville Road and was described as the “Chalet Taxi Depot”.
It is believed that it was demolished c1915.