The establishment of a garage and filling station adjoining Bexhill West railway station, in Terminus Road, seems to date to post-Second World War. The “West Bexhill Motor Engineering Company Limited” was running “West Station Garage “by 1948.
In the 1950s, the premises were owned by “A. E. Cheshire (Harmondsworth) Limited” and, in the 1960s, by “West Station Garage (Bexhill) Limited” who, in the 1970s, were Ford dealers.
The Hastings family motor firm of Hollingsworths took over the site in 1973 and they, in turn, sold the site to “Birchwood Ford” in 1999 and the site has changed ownership a couple of times since then. The forecourt has recently (2016) been re-opened for fuel sales.